Published February 02, 2017
‘Overwhelming’ is a descriptive word often associated with big cities. However, some may describe a city like Las Vegas as exhilarating. It is a difficult, but meeting planners can please every attendee by selecting a location in a smaller city with a big city feel. A diverse world requires a diverse site and when it is time to make the ruling, these three rules of thumb will assist in successful event planning.
Traveling is exhausting. Look for a location that is a short 15 minute ride or less to the hotel. One of the last things people want to do after a long plane ride is a long car ride. Make it easy and CONVENIENT by picking a building with an airport and highway in close proximity.
Once attendees arrive at their hotel, their first choice of transportation can and should be walking. A place to unwind after a long day, an interesting place to explore, or simply a short walk back to a warm bed are a few luxuries in a location. CENTRALIZATION is key.
After viewing numerous buildings they begin to blend together. Ask yourself while in the building, is this attractive? Would attendees leave with a feeling of delight? Is natural lighting and an artsy interior important? Find your kind of CHARM.
A great example of a venue with convenience, centralization, and charm is Spectra Venue Management at Palm Beach County Convention Center. It is bound to impress, especially when seeking the 3 C’s.
What makes Spectra’s Palm Beach County Convention Center a 3C winner? Here are the facts:
- Located in downtown West Palm Beach paradise (Convenience, Centralization & Charm)
- Only facility in South Florida with a connected Hilton Hotel (Convenience & Centralization)
- Three miles from Palm Beach International Airport (Convenience)
- Directly across the street from an array of attractions featuring great shopping, fine dining & exciting nightlife (Convenience, Centralization & Charm)
- Two miles from Palm Beach Island (White Sandy Beaches) & one mile from the intracoastal (Convenience, Centralization & Charm)
- One mile from Interstate 95 & 5 miles from Florida’s Turnpike (Convenience)
- Look and feel of a luxurious cruise ship with its 31,000 square feet of windows, custom-made limestone floors and glass railing (Charm)
Some attendees appreciate a small town feel while others want a racecar of a city. If you remember the 3 C’s, your attendees will go home happy in a small city with a big city feel.
Chelsea Raleigh is the Marketing Manager at the Spectra managed Palm Beach County Convention Center, located in West Palm Beach, Florida. She also serves as one of the two Digital Subject Manner Experts in the Southeast division of Spectra Venue Management.
Raleigh is also greatly involved in community service. Spear heading the Palm Beach Convention Center’s community outreach program, she arranges monthly events, donations and volunteer opportunities to local charitable organizations for employees. In her free time, she volunteers her time as Head Committee Member of Dress for Success Palm Beaches – Y.E.S! (Young Executives for Success) division and is a member on the board of the West Palm Beach Police Foundation.