FRENCH LICK, Indiana — Work is progressing on French Lick Resort’s $15.5 million meeting space expansion, with the last steel beam being placed this spring. When complete in January 2015, the Meeting and Event Center will be the largest hotel meeting space in the state of Indiana.
The 58,000-square-foot expansion, connecting the existing event center with the Valley Links Exhibition Center, will allow the resort to host large groups simultaneously while offering space for general sessions, breakouts and exhibitions. That addition to the existing 109,000 square feet of event space offered at the AAA four-diamond property will include the 34,000-square-foot expansion, a 22,000-square-foot adjustable ballroom and 27 different meeting venues.
From board meetings and retreats to annual conventions and association meetings, groups will have access to nearly 163,500 square feet of traditional, historic and unusual venues and outdoor spaces resortwide.
Resort features include the following:
• The 163,500-square-foot Meeting and Event Center, with 39 different meeting venues
• The 31,000-square-foot Valley Links Activities and Exhibition Center, with capacity for 200 10-by-10-foot booths
• A 22,000-square-foot ballroom with three sections, allowing multiple configurations
• A 13,000-square-foot ballroom with three sections, allowing multiple configurations
• A 6,700-square-foot junior ballroom
• On-site audio equipment and technical support
A team can also put together on-site specialty events, such as private culinary demonstrations, impromptu talent shows and a Wild West Adventure, for extra entertainment and team building.