Downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana, is a natural gathering spot. With its easy, one-day-drive access, International Airport (FWA) and true “Hoosier Hospitality,” Fort Wayne is a real boom town. Downtown renaissance is vibrant with high-rise business and residential buildings, a burst of boutique shopping and dining experiences, a network of riverfront parks, and an ongoing list of sports and entertainment options.
At the center of it all is Grand Wayne Convention Center, one of the Midwest’s most beautifully appointed, professionally staffed event facilities, hosting more than 320 events each year and earning an enviable 80% rebooking rate. The draw for event planners and their attendees is equal parts convenience, intuitive design, service, and overall vibe.
“We do have a vibe and a very unique brand of hospitality,” explains Marcy McKinley, the Grand Wayne Convention Center’s Director of Sales & Marketing. “Planners and their guests immediately become part of the downtown dynamic, and that look of pleasant surprise from happy experiences — that’s our goal.”
Grand Wayne Convention Center is not a typical event facility. Sleek design, in-house capabilities, and team attitude create the ideal experience — and most organizations save up to 15% in event costs vs. comparable cities and sites across the U.S.
Physically, going “beyond convention” with the Grand Wayne means:
- 225,000 sf of luxuriously designed, climate-controlled spaces and intuitive floor plans, 18 rooms in all
- Three full-service luxury hotels with garage parking and skywalk connectivity; a fourth hotel opens in 2020
- In-house gourmet F&B for up to 3,100 guests from a professional chef and staff
- Theatre seating for 4,000; classroom style for 2,900
- High-performance WiFi for 5,000 simultaneous users
- Natural light, lounge seating and recharging stations
- 122 restrooms (no waiting!)
But “beyond expectation” takes event planning to a whole new level:
By design and detail, Grand Wayne Convention Center’s award-winning hospitality offers more in-house amenities for more creative, customized events:
- Sales and event managers, event hosts, and professional AV technicians
- Guest experience manager devoted to creating compatible — and free! — event add-ons
- Innovative options like the CONVERG classroom collaboration suite
- Advanced technology in every room: lighting, sound, dropdown screens, presentation tools, and special effects
- Non-union room set crews
- Easy access loading zones with no drayage fees
- Walking access to 40+ restaurants, pubs, arts, entertainment, and sports venues
See it all online at grandwayne.com — and experience it all first-hand in downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana!
Grand Wayne Convention Center features 225,000 square feet of event space.
You can treat your attendees to in-house gourmet F&B for up to 3,100 guests from a professional chef and staff.
The staff at Grand Wayne Convention Center includes sales and event managers, event hosts and professional AV technicians.