Hyatt Hotels Corp. continues to strategically grow its luxury and lifestyle brand footprint with a strong development pipeline of more than 30 planned hotels and resorts in the Americas region through 2025, including the expansion of Hyatt brands into new markets. Over the last five years, globally, Hyatt has doubled its number of luxury rooms, tripled the number of resort rooms, and quadrupled the number of lifestyle rooms – and the momentum continues. Hyatt is the fastest growing luxury portfolio, with luxury, lifestyle and resort hotels now making up over 40 percent of Hyatt’s portfolio.
Hyatt continues its transformative growth journey through acquisitions, expanding its offerings for guests and members. Through the completed acquisition of Mr and Mrs Smith, a global travel platform that provides direct booking access to a carefully curated and growing collection of global boutique and luxury properties, World of Hyatt members will have even more rewarding stays and experiences to choose from.
Additionally, following Hyatt’s early 2023 acquisition of Dream Hotel Group – a portfolio of lifestyle hotel brands including Dream Hotels, The Chatwal, The Time New York and Unscripted Hotels – World of Hyatt members can unlock more stay options and lifestyle experiences across destinations like Nashville, Hollywood, South Beach and New York City. The acquisition also helps Hyatt expand its brand presence in a flourishing new leisure market in Mexico with the forthcoming Dream Valle de Guadalupe (2024) situated over 35 acres in the Baja California region incorporating a large vineyard, 61 guest rooms and villas, a luxury spa and wellness concept and three dining and nightlife venues, including a private tasting room and pool bar.
“The thoughtful growth of Hyatt’s luxury and lifestyle brands reflect the current demand for authentic leisure travel experiences,” said Crystal Vinisse Thomas, vice president and global brand leader for Hyatt’s luxury and lifestyle brands. “As we look ahead to 2024 and beyond, we strive to create more opportunities for high-end travelers to reconnect in immersive retreats, explore the hearts of new destinations, and revisit their tried-and-true favorites.”
Strategic Growth Continues with Newly Announced Luxury and Lifestyle Properties
Hyatt continues to thoughtfully expand its luxury and lifestyle brand footprint in key leisure markets that matter most to guests and World of Hyatt members with these newly announced hotel deals:
- Hyatt Centric Santo Domingo (2024) will be the first Hyatt Centric hotel in the Dominican Republic, located in Santo Domingo’s modern business district. With 130 guest rooms and suites and nearly 5,000 square feet of meeting and events space, the lifestyle hotel will place guests near prominent restaurants, shopping malls, art galleries and nightlife.
- Cas en Bas Beach Resort (2024) will be the first Destination by Hyatt branded resort and residences on Saint Lucia. Nestled between a championship golf course and Cas en Bas Bay with a sandy beach, amenities will include a pool, spa and wellness center and a range of dining options, nightlife and events.
- Hyatt Centric Querétaro (2025) will be in downtown Querétaro, a city in central Mexico (northwest of Mexico City), known for its well-preserved Spanish colonial architecture. The hotel will feature 105 guest rooms, a rooftop pool and multiple dining concepts, including a coffee shop serving an all-day menu, a rooftop bar with views of the city and two signature restaurants.
Coming Soon: New Stay Experiences in Sought-After Leisure Markets
With a focus on new openings in sought-after destinations across the U.S., Canada, Latin America and Caribbean, Hyatt’s recent and upcoming hotels through 2025 invite guests, World of Hyatt members, and customers to experience Hyatt’s signature luxury and lifestyle brands across distinct brand portfolios:
Boundless Collection hotels that will make their debut include:
- The Thompson Hotels brand will soon debut new properties in top leisure locations across the U.S. and Mexico, including:
- Thompson Houston (2023) will feature 172 guest rooms, including 34 suites, all featuring floor-to-ceiling windows with views of downtown Houston and Buffalo Bayou Park, more than 17,000 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor event space, three restaurants with distinct culinary concepts, a private heli-port, a full-service sanctuary spa and wellness center, a one-acre rooftop and an expansive pool deck.
- Thompson Palm Springs (2024) will offer a collection of 168 bungalow-inspired guest rooms and suites with private balconies to capture views of the Palm Springs desert. The destination will also introduce a Levantine Mediterranean dining concept, full-service spa, two rooftop pools, new retail, dynamic event space and more.
- Thompson South Beach (2024) will mark the Thompson Hotels brand entry into Florida, comprising 150 guest rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, a rooftop pool, bar and restaurant, and a ground floor restaurant and retail space. The hotel, designed by French architect Rudy Ricciotti, will be adjacent to the Frank Gehry-designed New World Center and the newly reimagined Miami Beach Convention Center.
- Thompson Monterrey (2025) will be the first urban Thompson Hotels property in Mexico. This 150-room lifestyle hotel will be located within a 31-floor tower amid a mixed-use complex, creating a hub with sophisticated dining and a rooftop bar.
- Caption By Hyatt Chattanooga Downtown (2024) will join Caption by Hyatt Beale Street Memphis to grow the Caption by Hyatt brand presence in Tennessee, delivering an upscale, select-service lifestyle hospitality experience.
- Hyatt Centric Escazu San Jose (2024) will be the Hyatt Centric brand’s first hotel in Costa Rica and offer 161 modern guest rooms and suites, an all-day dining restaurant, full-service bar, and 4,000 square feet of event space.
- Andaz Toronto-Yorkville (2025) will be the second Andaz hotel in Canada, joining Andaz Ottawa Byward Market. The luxury hotel will be located within The One, a luxury mixed-use tower that is poised to be the tallest building in Canada. The hotel will offer 138 guest rooms and suites, 6,800 square feet of event space, a spa and several food and beverage experiences.
- Andaz Miami Beach (2025) will mark the first Andaz hotel in Florida as a rebrand from The Confidante, Miami Beach. With three towers overlooking Miami Beach, the hotel will include a redesigned lobby, pool and recreation area, reinvented food and beverage experiences, a full-service spa, upgraded event spaces, as well as modernized guest rooms with an expanded mix of suites.
- Andaz Turks and Caicos at Grace Bay (2025) will be the first Hyatt hotel in Turks and Caicos and feature 59 keys and 73 residential units with views of Grace Bay Beach, three restaurants and bars, a full service indoor and outdoor spa, a yoga studio, state-of-the-art indoor fitness facility and pickleball courts.
Timeless Collection hotels deliver the comforts of a home away from home with a consistently elevated experience. New properties expected to open by the end of 2025 include:
- Park Hyatt Los Cabos at Cabo del Sol (2024) is slated to be the first Park Hyatt hotel in Mexico and will be a master-planned golf resort stretching along two miles of beach. Located 20 minutes from downtown Cabo San Lucas, within the exclusive community of Cabo del Sol and overlooking the Sea of Cortez, the luxury resort will boast 163 ocean-view guest rooms and suites, 19 villas and residences, as well as pools, a golf course, a full-service spa, fitness and wellness center, plus 35,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meetings and events space. Unique culinary experiences include a Mediterranean-inspired signature restaurant, a Mexican restaurant, a beach club and poolside cabana service.
- Grand Hyatt Scottsdale Resort and Spa (2024) will mark the Grand Hyatt brand’s debut in Arizona, when it is rebranded from Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch. The resort will undergo extensive renovations and enhancements of its guest rooms, pools, food and beverage experiences, its Spa Avania and fitness center, public areas and amenities, including the expansion of the hotel’s indoor and outdoor meeting and event spaces.
- Park Hyatt Mexico City (2025) will feature 155 guest rooms and will be located on the upscale Campos Eliseos Street overlooking Mexico City’s iconic Chapultepec Park.
- Grand Hyatt Cancún Beach Resort (2025) will sit on the eastern part of the Yucatán Peninsula and boast 500 guest rooms complemented by panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and Isla Mujeres. The resort will also feature 11 dining experiences, six bars, an indoor and outdoor destination spa and fitness center and over 16,000 square feet of gathering space.
- Grand Hyatt Grand Cayman Hotel and Residences (2025) will be located on a 7.1-acre site of Seven Mile Beach, less than one mile from the center of Grand Cayman’s capital city, George Town. With 351 guest rooms, the hotel will celebrate the diverse ecology of Grand Cayman and offer six food and beverage venues, a 9,000-square-foot destination spa and fitness center, three swimming pools and 25,000 square feet of indoor meeting and event space, which is expected to be the largest function space in the Cayman Islands.
Inclusive Collection, part of World of Hyatt resorts, delivers immersive experiences where everything is included. The Inclusive Collection is expected to welcome new resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico, including:
- Secrets St. Lucia Resort and Spa (2024) will be the first Secrets Resort and Spa property on St. Lucia, providing guests with access to a white-sand beach located just minutes from the capital city of Castries. The property will be comprised of 342 guest rooms and suites, five dining choices, five bars and lounges, and a Secrets Spa by Pevonia.
- Upcoming Inclusive Collection properties opening in Mexico and the Caribbean: adults-only, luxury all-inclusive resorts including Secrets Tulum Resort and Beach Club, Secrets Playa Blanca Costa Mujeres and Secrets Playa Esmerelda in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; family-friendly Dreams Estrella Del Mar Mazatlan Golf and Spa Resort, Dreams Grand Island in Cancun, and Dreams Playa Esmerelda in Punta Cana; and the debut of the Hyatt Vivid Hotels and Resorts brand with Hyatt Vivid Grand Island in Cancun.
Now Open: New Luxury and Lifestyle Hotels in the Americas
In 2023, several notable luxury and lifestyle Hyatt hotels and resorts opened in the Americas region, including:
- Andaz Mexico City Condesa, January 2023
- NUMU Boutique Hotel (San Miguel de Allende, Mexico), February 2023
- Dreams Flora Resort and Spa (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic), February 2023
- Hyatt Centric Congress Avenue Austin, February 2023
- Hyatt Centric Ville-Marie Montréal, March 2023
- The Pell (Middletown, Rhode Island), April 2023
- Impression Isla Mujeres by Secrets (Quintana Roo, Mexico), May 2023
- Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa (Calistoga, California), July 2023
- Fordson Hotel (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma), August 2023 – stay tuned for when and how this property will participate in World of Hyatt and join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt.
For more information or to book a stay, please visit hyatt.com.