POCONO MANOR, Pennsylvania – Meeting attendees can glide down a water slide after hitting the boardroom at the newly opened Kalahari Resort and Convention Center in Pennsylvania’s Poconos Mountains. After breaking ground in October 2013, the indoor waterpark welcomed its first guests in July.
The resort offers:
- A 100,000-square-foot convention center
- An outdoor waterpark with a pool, sundeck, whirlpools and swim up bar
- A 30,000-square-foot family entertainment center with activities including bowling, arcade games, a 5-D theater and black light mini-golf
- Three full-service restaurants
- A spa and salon
- Around 6,000 square feet of retail space
Owned by the Nelson family, the resort embraces an African theme with handcrafted artwork, Rwanda coffee beans served throughout the resort and other details. The Nelson family’s recent African vacation inspired the theme.
Workers have already begun Phase II of the resort, which will expand the indoor waterpark to earn the distinction of America’s largest indoor waterpark at 200,000 square feet. The outdoor waterpark will also expand, as will the guest rooms from 457 to 1,000. This phase is scheduled for completion in spring 2017.
For more information, visit www.kalahariresorts.com.