Photos courtesy Visit Mesquite
Where is Mesquite, Nev.?
Once a farming community, Mesquite is in the Virgin River Valley near the Nevada/Arizona border, 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. The arrival of several casino resorts has made the town of 17,000 a mini-Las Vegas.
How do we get there?
Interstate 15 links Mesquite with Las Vegas to the south and to Salt Lake City, 340 miles northeast. Southern California is a six-hour drive. McCarran International in Las Vegas is the closest major airport.
Tell me about the main meeting venues?
Several casino resorts have generous meeting spaces.
• The city’s largest, the 450-room CasaBlanca, has 70,000 square feet of meeting space, including a 33,000-square-foot event center and an 8,990-square-foot ballroom. Another venue with a built-in theater, works well for keynote addresses or awards presentations. A spa, three restaurants, a lagoon pool and live entertainment Tuesday through Sunday round out offerings there.
• Eureka Casino Resort recently remodeled its 214 guest rooms and built a new swimming pool. A 3,200-square-foot ballroom makes up about half of the its meeting space.
• The Virgin River Hotel and Casino has 700 remodeled rooms, a 24-lane bowling center and 2,000 square feet of meeting space.
• The Holiday Inn Express and Suites is Mesquite’s newest hotel, with 6,000 square feet of meeting space. Its hilltop location across the street from Falcon Ridge Golf Course affords some of Mesquite’s best views.
• Highland Estates has a mixture of condominiums. The nongaming property is like a resort, with two pools, tennis, a fitness center and a gourmet restaurant.