A gathering in Monroe-West Monroe, located ideally along Interstate 20 in the center of Northern Louisiana, is unlike any you could plan elsewhere. Our hospitality is second to none; our teambuilding activities are unique; and our cuisine, well, let’s just say you are in for a real treat (or two or three or more, but who’s counting).
Here are just a few reasons you should consider Monroe-West Monroe as your next meeting destination.
A group enjoys Monroe-West Monroe
Beyond traditional meeting spaces are sites that showcase Monroe-West Monroe’s culture and charm. If you are looking to offer an unforgettable experience, consider these excellent choices:
- Landry Vineyards is popular for outdoor concerts, and it’s easy to see why. The family-owned and -operated venue is situated in West Monroe’s rolling hills. Book a tour or tasting of the 20 wines produced on-site.
- Biedenharn Museum & Gardens celebrates a different kind of drink: Coca-Cola. Attendees can get a taste of how Coke was bottled in its early days, touring artifacts and original equipment, as well as the elegant home of Joseph Biedenharn, the first bottler of Coca-Cola. A 5-cent vending machine dispenses the best bottle of Coke you’ve tasted in years. Planners will want to take advantage of the beautiful gardens featuring terraces, statues and year-round blooms. An on-site Bible Museum includes a Gutenberg leaf.
- Surge Entertainment Center, co-owned by legendary NFL quarterback Drew Brees, kicks up the action a few notches. Plan an after-hours party here, where attendees can play laser tag, go bowling, navigate a ropes and ninja course, or more. There’s even an arcade!
New Indoor Sports Complex
Sports planners, as well as meeting plannings, should get West Monroe Sports and Events on their radar. The indoor sports complex is slated to open in 2023. The 112,000-sq.-ft. facility will sport eight basketball courts, on-site food options and team meeting rooms. Potential events include basketball, pickleball, cheer and dance competitions, trade shows and more.
If your attendees are looking for spicy Louisiana flavors or traditional southern dishes, then you are in luck. Organizing group dinners is a piece of cake here with more than 100 locally owned restaurants to choose from. There’s our famed po’boys, crawfish, catfish, plate lunches, fried chicken, BBQ, big burgers, and more.
Dining at Trapp’s, a local favorite in West Monroe
The Discover Monroe-West Monroe team is here to assist planners every step of the way. We offer many personalized services, including:
- Site visits
- Hotel leads
- Promotional push to boost attendance
- Publicity opportunities
- Name badge creation and welcome packets
- And more
You need it? We can almost surely assist.
Experience the difference Monroe-West Monroe offers meetings, conventions and other events. Attendees will feel right at home. The mix of meeting facilities, team activities and cuisine is a combination few can resist. And the best part: You can wash it all down with a cold bottle of Coke.