Nestled in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, Harrisonburg, VA offers the perfect meeting location. Each day begins with a round of golf or a jog in a wooded park. Each day ends with drinks at a rooftop bar or craft brewery and live music. Spend the afternoon visiting local museums or strolling through the charming downtown browsing unique boutiques and art galleries. Enjoy a glass of wine and watch the sun set over Shenandoah National Park.
Harrisonburg is known as a friendly city with a vibrant Arts & Cultural District. As a city of 52,000 people where over 40 languages are spoken, the night life and culture is rich and diverse and welcoming. There is no end to opportunities to admire local art from public murals to fine art. Popular bands perform at numerous venues. Throughout the year Harrisonburg hosts community festivals including regular beer and music events as well as cycling races and cultural festivals.
With over 2,000 hotel rooms and an innovative conference center, Harrisonburg is a popular meeting destination with over 250 restaurants, large shopping centers, unique museums and over 20 hotels, charming inns, and Airbnb options.
Schedule your next meeting at the gorgeous Hotel Madison & Shenandoah Valley Conference Center which blends a sophisticated style with relaxing comfort, offering 230 hotel rooms and 21,000 sq ft of meeting space. The conference center is a short walk from historic award-winning Downtown Harrisonburg.
Top Area Attractions:
- Massanutten Resort offers an indoor and outdoor waterpark, tubing, zip line, skiing, snow tubing and more.
- The Virginia Quilt Museum is one of only a few quilt museums in the world.
- James Madison University has many attractions right on the campus. Some include:
- The beautiful Edith J. Carrier Arboretum & Botanical Gardens which offers a 125-acre public urban garden with year-round free admission.
- Forbes Center for the Performing Arts with world-class events year-round.
- The Planetarium offering public programs.
- Atlantic Union Bank Center basketball arena with seating up to 8,500 and a club room for 500 people.
- Explore More Discovery Museum offering multiple floors of interactive engaging learning experiences for children.
- Five Golf Courses including Heritage Oaks Golf Course, a bird habitat protecting 85 species.
- The Brethren & Mennonite Heritage Center offering historic buildings highlighting the lifestyle of original settlers to the area.
- Downtown Harrisonburg’s Arts & Cultural District includes:
- The Golden Pony, known as the “Best Music Venue in the Shenandoah Valley”
- Oasis Fine Art & Craft featuring art and contemporary crafts by local artisans.
- Agora Downtown Market which features locally made items from unique jewelry to high quality leather and canvas bags.
- Harrisonburg Downtown Art Walk highlighting numerous murals and sculptures including a Virginia LOVE sign.
- Shenandoah National Park (Skyline Drive) offering beautiful vistas and scenic hikes.
Visit Harrisonburg, VA the Friendly City, there’s so much to love!
Contact Jennifer Bell (540)432-8940 for more information or VisitHarrisonburgVA.com.