Discovering downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana, for the first time is often a happy surprise. The vibe is comfortable yet curious — a walkable district brimming with arts and creativity, food and culture, and a sense of belonging. There’s a blend of work and play, old and new, fun and function melding into a singular, good-memory experience. This “Hoosier Hospitality” thing is real and it’s earning Fort Wayne, Indiana, broad recognition as one of the most desirable destinations in the U.S.
“Experience means everything here.”
For corporate, association, and faith-based groups gathering in the award-winning Grand Wayne Convention Center (GWCC), “experience” means professionally crafted and hosted events that, in turn, make every attendee’s real-time experience amazing. GWCC welcomes about 325 events each year into its beautifully appointed, productive spaces and boasts a nearly 80% rebooking rate!
Equipped with all the features and solutions, GWCC’s built-in essentials simplify an event planner’s job:
- 225,000 sf of sleek, versatile, creative spaces with intuitive floor plans
- 30,000 sf of comfortably appointed pre-function areas, complimentary with rented spaces
- 18 fully carpeted, technology-equipped meeting spaces, including 66,000 sf of Convention & Expo space
- Capacities for 4,500 theater-style; 2,900 classroom; and in-house catering for 3,100 banquet guests
- Two easy-access loading docks with 8 bays for simpler move-in — and no drayage fees
- Advanced, fully customizable, in-house AV technology
- Free high-performance WiFi for up to 5,000 users
- Three adjacent hotels with garage parking and skywalk connectivity
- Event planners save up to 15% over comparable cities and venues!
“Grand Wayne Center is a stunning work of architecture with easy access to hotels, restaurants, and entertainment. Our members were impressed with how clean, modern, walkable, and friendly downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana, proved to be.”
— Dallas W. Johnson, North American SCRABBLE® Championship
Go beyond the conference!
For many attendees, the enticement to register reaches beyond the meeting agenda. There’s a curiosity and desire for experiences that add value to traveling and attending an event. Visitors to downtown Fort Wayne always find a variety of good-memory experiences within an easy walk of Grand Wayne Convention Center — a downtown brimming with more than 60 specialty restaurants and pubs … aromatic coffee and dessert houses … a trail of 150+ works of art (Art This Way) … accredited museums and nationally renowned galleries … live music and theatre, pop-ups and festivals … relaxing riverfront parks and stroll-worthy gardens … historic landmarks and a renaissance of downtown living … and an open invitation for all!
Fort Wayne, for sure:
The very essence of “Hoosier Hospitality” lives in the heart of downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana, and at Grand Wayne Convention Center. For a virtual introduction to this amazing destination, enjoy this video or visit grandwayne.com