Small Market Meetings
Published June 07, 2017
BEVERLY, Massachusetts — Wylie Inn and Conference Center at Endicott College, which sits along a picturesque stretch of Boston’s North Shore oceanfront, has unveiled multimillion-dollar upgrades to its conference center and 91 guest rooms.
Just 20 miles north of Boston in the historic town of Beverly, Massachusetts, the Wylie Inn and Conference Center is set up for meetings, conferences, weddings and weekend getaways.
Dating back to 1901, the historic Georgian Revival property is on a picturesque stretch of the Atlantic Coast and offers well-appointed rooms with an on-site cafe restaurant and bar. The rooms have been refreshed with a sophisticated design that frames views of the lush 10-acre estate. The 17,500-square-foot waterside conference center, certified by the International Association of Conference Centers, underwent a head-to-toe renovation that installed the latest meetings technology, improved presentation capabilities and revamped the interior design.
The conference center’s changes merge state-of-the-art technology and contemporary design while acknowledging the history of the college that encompasses it. The center provides a private, distraction-free venue with over 17,500 square feet of versatile meeting space, including 26 meeting rooms. Design renovations and technology improvements add to a list of service-oriented amenities, providing planners and their attendees:
• 75-inch Samsung Digital Interactive Whiteboard Solution with ClickShare Software
• Portable audiovisual carts with 65-inch Samsung Digital Interactive Whiteboard Solution and ClickShare Software
• The Beverly Room, which features a video wall consisting of six 55-inch screens
• The Oceanfront function room, which accommodates up to 200 people
• A designated conference planner and support staff to coordinate details, from event inception to completion
• A conference concierge to handle all the auxiliary needs that pop up during the run of the program
• Sophisticated IT systems throughout the center with on-site technical support
• Continuously restocked refreshment areas
• A full-service business center
• Leisure areas, including a billiards room, lounge space and a walking trail to the beach.
The property’s designers at Design Continuum drew inspiration from nearby Patch Beach and used a coastal color palette that features deep blues, sea greens and sandy neutrals. Conference center hallways are decorated with award-winning photography from Endicott College seniors. Meetings spaces are punctuated by original architectural elements, including the original basketball court floors in the Marblehead room, and other reminders of the property’s history, such as images of Endicott College, vintage postcards and maps.
“The renovations look great and we’re pleased the improvements provide us the capabilities to better service meetings planners, Endicott College and the surrounding community,” said Jim Merrill, Pyramid Hotel Group executive vice president of operations.